Basic Text Book of Narcotics Anonymous
Members of N.A. refer to the book "Narcotics Anonymous" as their "Basic Text". It is the basic text of the fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous, and has helped large numbers of men and women, young and old, who were addicted to drugs, to recover.
Many books have been written about the nature of addiction. The Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous primarily concerns itself with the nature of recovery. If you are an addict and have found this book, please give yourself a break and read it!
Structure of The Basic Text
The Basic Text has several sections
- Table of Contents
- Prefaces - reviews the various editions of the Basic Text of "Narcotics Anonymous"
The Basic Text
The basic text, authored by recovered members of N.A.
- Chapter One: Who Is an Addict?
- Chapter Two: What Is the Narcotics Anonymous Program?
- Chapter Three: Why Are We Here?
- Chapter Four: How It Works, which includes a section about each of the Twelve Steps of N.A.
- Chapter Five: What Can I Do?
- Chapter Six: The Twelve Traditions of Narcotics Anonymous
- Chapter Seven: Recovery and Relapse
- Chapter Eight: We Do Recover
- Chapter Nine: Just for Today—Living the Program
- Chapter Ten: More Will Be Revealed
- Personal Stories occupy the following 300-odd pages: